An excellent source of links to your web site are the sites that already link to your highest-ranked competitors. Do you want to really get in-depth in researching what web sites link to your competitors? Then follow these steps:
1. If you don’t have the Firefox browser installed, go download it: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
2. Install the SEOQuake plugin. You can download it here: http://ff.seoquake.com/
3. Go to http://search.yahoo.com and search for the links Yahoo! has recorded for your competitor’s web site. The search query will be in this form:linkdomain:websiteaddress.com -site:websiteaddress.com -site:www.websiteaddress.com
You will be returned a list of web sites that point to your competitor’s site, excluding links from the same site.
4. Turn on SEOQuake if it is not already. This is done by clicking the small SEOQuake icon on address bar on the right-hand side of your browser screen.
5. Sort the links by PR or by age by clicking on the down arrow next to “PR” or “Age” on the line that starts “Sort:” directly above the first search engine result.
Now you will have a list of sites, sorted by age or importance, that link to your competitor. These may be excellent candidates for linking to your site as well. Certainly target the sites that appear to be involved in link swapping, because you can get a link from these sites very easily by just providing a link on your site back. Then go after the ones that may be more picky.
Building up links to a web site can be very frustrating and time consuming. If you could use some help with anything related to SEO or pay per click management, contact Work Media at 888-299-4837 or Info@WorkMedia.net.